- A Point of View of Eternity: Claudio Edinger expresses his love for New York in a new series of aerial photographs The New York City skyline is captured in all its brimming beauty and overflowing power through the lens of Rio-born photographer Claudio Edinger in his ongoing aerial photo series “Machina Mundi,” now with thirteen large-format images of the world’s most dynamic town in “Machina-Mundi/NY,” brought about in his second solo at Galeria Lume in São Paulo where he lives. The…
- Pop Protest: An Interview with Claudio Tozzi about his Art-Driven Quest for a Fairer Society One of the heavyweights of Latin American art since the mid-sixties, Claudio Tozzi is on show at year-old Galeria Houssein Jarouche in the Jardins neighborhood with twenty-eight works selected by former Tate Modern curator Sofia Gotti. With paintings, installations, Super 8 films and sculptures ranging from the mid-1960s to 2017, the exhibition in its own right makes for a small…
- A Private Passion Made Public: João Carlos de Figueiredo Ferraz Shares His Vast Collection Housed in a private institution that opened to the public in 2011, IFF, Instituto Figueiredo Ferraz, one of Brazil’s finest collections of contemporary art.
- Permanent Collection: Ricardo Resende on the Vast Art Holdings of FAMA A vast new exhibition called "Utopia" displays 160 contemporary works, precisely ten percent of the impressive art collection amassed during the last decade.
- Galeria Utópica Founder Pablo Di Giulio on Building a Collection Pablo Di Giulio, one of Brazil’s top experts in vintage photographs and the founder of Galeria Utópica in São Paulo’s Vila Madalena artsy neighborhood, has participated in SP-Foto since its inception.
- Lift Our Taboos: Christian-Jack Heymès Shares His Tribal Art Collection at Museu Afro Brasil Most of the artifacts were retrieved during the travels of this adventurous Parisian, bit by the tribal art bug when he was drafted in 1971.